Carson & Tahoe Lumber & Fluming Company “Glenbrook.”
Carson & Tahoe Lumber & Fluming Company “Glenbrook.”Glenbrook is a 2-6-0 “Mogul” type locomotive built in 1875 by the Baldwin Locomotive Works in Philadelphia. It hauled lumber from sawmills at Glenbrook, Nevada to a flume located at Spooner’s Summit in the Sierra Nevada Mountains west of Carson City. The lumber was then transported by the Virginia & Truckee Railroad to Virginia City. In 1899, the locomotive was transferred to the Lake Tahoe Railway & Navigation Company and ran between between a steamer pier at Tahoe City, California and a connection with the Southern Pacific Railroad near Truckee, California. It was later sold to the Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad to be used for parts for its twin, NCNG No. 5, formerly “Tahoe.” It was donated to the State of Nevada and displayed for many years outside the Nevada State Museum in Carson City. It was restored to original operating condition at the Nevada State Railroad Museum in 2015.