Dayton, Sutro & Carson Valley “Joe. Douglass.”
Dayton, Sutro & Carson Valley “Joe. Douglass.” The Joe Douglass was purchased in 1882 from H.K. Porter & Co. of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The 0-4-2T narrow gauge locomotive was the only motive power of its line and travelled between Dayton and Sutro, Nevada until the late 1890s. The locomotive was sold in 1904 and used to construct the dam that created Lake Arrowhead in the San Bernardino Mountains east of Los Angeles. When the project was completed, it was put on display nearby. It was sold to the Nevada State Railroad Museum in 1994 and later restored.