Santa Cruz Portland Cement No. 2
Santa Cruz Portland Cement No. 2. This locomotive is a standard gauge 0-4-0 type. It was built by H.K. Porter in 1909 and ran between a cement plant at Davenport, California and a connection with the Southern Pacific Railroad near Santa Cruz, California. After being retired from active service, the locomotive was displayed in front of the Pollardville fried chicken restaurant in Stockton, California, where it earned the nickname “The Chiggen.” It was purchased in 2006 by Efstathios Pappas and restored to operation. It currently operates for the Placerville & Sacramento Valley Railroad in Folsom, California.