Virginia & Truckee No. 21, “J.W. Bowker.”
Virginia & Truckee No. 21, “J.W. Bowker.” The Bowker was constructed by Baldwin in 1875 and named for the railroad’s Master Mechanic. The locomotive served as a switch engine and is equipped with a powerful fire fighting water pump. It was sold in 1896 to Sierra Nevada Wood & Lumber Company and operated near Truckee, California. The locomotive is the sole surviving example of a Baldwin 2-4-0 type of locomotive. It has been on display at the California State Railroad Museum in Sacramento since 1976.